system resource exceeded (1 Viewer)

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:51
i have built a database with much help from the guys on here. we used it in one premises with the idea that when it is complete or near to completion(new ideas always come) we would use it at our other premises. the databases are not connected in anyway and are run as completely seperate databases.

we already have a database at the 2nd site so we are adding the last 3yrs of records to it. there is a lot of records and after getting about 1/4 of the way through i have received a system resource exceeded error. i am only getting this on the 2nd database and never had it on the first. the first has been live for aroung 1yr.

i am wondering if it is due to the amount of records. the largest is the tblOrdersItems(child to tblOrders).

the actual size of the database including the front end is only around 14mb after repair/compact so the size shouldnt be a problem.

i have added my largest tables in the attachment. maybe they should be structured better. as you can tell im not sure. the problem occurs when i am adding new records through the various forms.

another thing to add is that it doesnt happen all the time. when it does happen i close down the database, re-open and it works fine for a while.

could it be my desktop, need more ram etc. im running access 2010 on vista business. the desktop has 2gb ram and 2.6 dual core. its an oldish machine but it has served us well.

just to mention, there is a table that is nearly as large(or will be) as the tblOrders. the tblReceipts will have nearly as many records in time. all orders will have a receipt unless cancelled.

any suggestions

Attachments

• SystemResourceExcceded.zip
    476.1 KB · Views: 148

rzw0wr

I will always be a newbie
Local time
Today, 17:51
Is your hard drive nearly full?

Dale

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
no. theres over 50gb remaining. i cant work it out.i thought that if it was something to do with the tables then it would happen every time i try to add a record. if it was something to do with the ram or hdd then it would be obvious through the system. nothing seems to be indicating what it is.

rzw0wr

Local time
Should not be the table size.
Can you upload the full db?

Dale

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
are you on 2010 or do you need it to be .mdb

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
i have had to take a few forms out of the database as it wold have been too big, even with it being in a zip file.

i have left the important forms and the forms where the errors are occuring.

the error occurs when i am adding a record to an appointment.

open the database
frmPasswordScreen
enter password as chrysalis08, click OK
frmClientMainScreen, log out(dont ask why cause i dont know)
log back with password s4ut21
frmClientMainScreen
click Diary btn
then on any available white space in an employees column dbl click.

frmNewAppointment- this is where you start to build the appointment. click a FirstName and then click Choose Treatments.

here you select the individual treatments that go with that appointment. this is where the error occurs. it happens when i click the down arrow on the frmAppointmentTreatmentItems.

it also happens on other forms where the method is exactly the same.

if you have any ideas where the issue lies then please do let me know.

thank you

Attachments

• SalonDatabase .zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 123

rzw0wr

Local time
I found a few places in your form code where you open a DAO recordset several times but only close it once. You use the same name and I don't know if that will reopen the same recordset or open another with the same name.

You may want to look at your code to make sure you close each instance.

Tip: Use a descriptive name for you recordsets to make it easier to trouble shoot.

Dale
Database will not work. I get errors about forms missing.

Last edited:

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
the answer to your question is no. i did struggle with it myself but it is exactly the same on the other databse at our 2nd site and there are no errors on that one which exceed system requirements.

its not that

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
ill try and attach the missing forms. the databse is 13mb and when in zip its to large to upload. do you mind downloading from a link?

way2bord

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:51
i have had to take a few forms out of the database as it wold have been too big, even with it being in a zip file.

i have left the important forms and the forms where the errors are occuring.

the error occurs when i am adding a record to an appointment.

open the database
frmPasswordScreen
enter password as chrysalis08, click OK
frmClientMainScreen, log out(dont ask why cause i dont know)
log back with password s4ut21
frmClientMainScreen
click Diary btn
then on any available white space in an employees column dbl click.

frmNewAppointment- this is where you start to build the appointment. click a FirstName and then click Choose Treatments.

here you select the individual treatments that go with that appointment. this is where the error occurs. it happens when i click the down arrow on the frmAppointmentTreatmentItems.

it also happens on other forms where the method is exactly the same.

if you have any ideas where the issue lies then please do let me know.

thank you

Could not reproduce error. Following steps above, everything seemed to work fine.

Add some code breaks and debug.prints to zero in on the area causing you issues.

rzw0wr

Local time
I had a problem trying to type in the editor after opening the frmPasswordScreen.
It would NOT let you type a space. Could not type in commands.

Strange.

Dale

Note: It appears to be the timer Event. Since the form does not close the timer continues to run.

Last edited:

shutzy

Registered User.
Local time
way2bord: thats the thing, it doesnt happen all the time. when it does happen, i compact/repair and then continue. it works fine for a bit then it does happen again. so im confused what makes it happen.

rzw0wr: the timer event on the password form runs continually which is intefering with typing code. what i do is put the password screen in design view, type my code then try it. or disable the timer even.

any further ideas what might be causing this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom