Tab Key causing Access to Crash after open a report (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 01:02
Very strange. i have an Access 2019 report that opens just fine and filters and prints fine and closes fine, but if I open it and then the very first action is to hit the Tab Key on my KB, it crashes Access. Using Windows 10 Pro with all updates and Access 2019 and the same issue occurs on all Computers, every time. If I set the Grouping BEFORE the sorting, then the crash no longer happens, but the report does not then sort properly. Does anyone have any suggestions. I have attached a much reduced version of the full DB, but left the single report that is causing this issue. There is a BE and FE, so if you want to check this out, you will have to reconnect them after downloading them on to your PC.

I would appreciate any help. I would be available by phone or screen-share session if that would make it easier.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Crash on Tab in report FE.accdb
    1.3 MB · Views: 399
  • Crash ont Tab in report BE.accdb
    4.5 MB · Views: 397

CarlettoFed

Local time
Today, 08:02
The problem comes from the Cycle Property in the Other tab, you have to set it to Current Record. The filters would be better to make them in a data summary mask and then eventually print the result.

arnelgp

..forever waiting... waiting for jellybean!
Local time
Today, 14:02
why you did it in the report anyway.
normally this is done through a Form.

Local time
Today, 01:02
The problem comes from the Cycle Property in the Other tab, you have to set it to Current Record. The filters would be better to make them in a data summary mask and then eventually print the result.
Very nice! How did you figure that out? Or are you just extremely intelligent! Either way, I THANK YOU so much and Im very glad to learn it is something as simple as that! I have just advanced my knowledge thanks to you! Enjoy your day!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom