tab movement (1 Viewer)

mahen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:47
Hi How do we move the tab to next entry by passing the formula. In the example Yellow heighted fields are user entry and blue are formulas. Once use enter entry on E4 the cursor should move to E7 rather than to E5. Then E8 to E11 on so..... If code needed , please someone give.
Thanks

Mahen

Attachments

• example.xlsx
    11.2 KB · Views: 140

mahen

Registered User.
Local time
Hi,
I am sure whether you didn't understand my question, or no answer to my question so far?

regards,
Mahen

Gasman

Enthusiastic Amateur
Local time
Well you could redesign your worksheet to do that?
Normally I would keep data entry and diaplay areas separate.?

Otherwise all I can think of is to use the Worksheet_Change event to do that.

In it's simple form just hard code the addresses. In a more flexible form, create a lookup table for source cell and target cell. That way you can amend to suit should the data entry suit.

https://www.thesmallman.com/vba-worksheet-change-events

HTH

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
Hi How do we move the tab to next entry by passing the formula. In the example Yellow heighted fields are user entry and blue are formulas. Once use enter entry on E4 the cursor should move to E7 rather than to E5. Then E8 to E11 on so..... If code needed , please someone give.
Thanks

Mahen

Select all cells, then Lock Cells.

Then select only your yellow cells where numbers will be typed. Select Unlock Cells on them.

Then protect your worksheet, making sure you uncheck "Select locked cells" but leave "select unlocked cells" checked.

kilroyscarnival

Registered User.
Local time
I was having trouble submitting my reply and on the third try, forgot to attach this image that shows where (for me) is the easiest place on the Home ribbon to get to Lock/Unlock and Protect Sheet commands.

Best,

Ann

Attachments

• lock.jpg
    lock.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 114

mahen

Registered User.
Local time
Excellent. This work fine. Thank you
regards,