Tab order bizarreness (1 Viewer)

danly

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:50
Access 97 problem:

I have a pretty ordinary form with a tabbed control containing address information.

When I set the tab order of the controls, it does not keep what I set but has me jump around in a completely non-logical way.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Dan

Kylor

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:50
While in the design view of the form use the view menu to select "Tab order". If you used Auto Order it orders the tab to follow upper left to lower right. If one control is higher than the other then Access "sees" the higher one first. You might want to re-align the control boxes or manually move the tab order by clicking and dragging the fields into the correct order in the tab order box. Hope this helps.

danly

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks. The Auto Tab thing worked with a bit of tweaking (you think controls are lined up horizontally, but you find one must be a pixel higher).

This still does not explain why the tab orders manually filled in do not stick. Pretty annoying.

Warmly,

Dan

Talismanic

Registered User.
Local time
I have found that if you close the tab order box without hitting ok first all your changes will not be applied.

It really screws me up because in every other part of Access when you close a dialog or control with the X the changes are automaticaly saved and committed.

But that is not the case with the tab order dialog. You have to hit OK first and then close.

Hope that helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom