Table for Products (1 Viewer)

tmyers

Local time
Today, 03:20
Sparing all the gritty details and giving the short answer, it would be the part number that would be the identifier.

raziel3

Registered User.
Local time
I'm kinda lost on the thread but for the OP which is normalizing the tables, why do you have a Products table and a ProductDetail table?

I would have a Products Table set up like in post #18 capturing all the Product Identifier(s), A Purchase Table to capture the Product Cost and a Price Table to capture all the different levels of pricing based on job criteria.

Last edited:

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Sparing all the gritty details and giving the short answer, it would be the part number that would be the identifier.
Then why are you modifying the part numbers? You are obfuscating the relationships. I think you really need to stand back from this and understand how you get from a to b to c and back to b again without changing ANYTHING.

tmyers

Local time
Then why are you modifying the part numbers? You are obfuscating the relationships. I think you really need to stand back from this and understand how you get from a to b to c and back to b again without changing ANYTHING.
I fully agree at this point. I am stopping and thinking about it more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom