Table with links to other key ID fields? (1 Viewer)

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:57
I have a few tables now with business's, contacts and employee's.

I want to set up some 'project sheets' for a few little projects we have. I'm not sure the best way to put this together or the correct terminology so I can investigate further.

I want to set up a project table with basic title etc, then add on to that sheet the primary ID for each of the Business / Contact and Employee.

So that these Items dont need to be re-typed.

Any thoughts please?

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for that I'll be taking a look at the relevent structures as it will help. Whats the best method for putting this in to practise using forms in Access to get the relevent parties on to the 'project sheet'?

I'm thinking that I may need to do some sort of basic search to find the business / contact / employee but how do I get the relevent 'ID field' back (and still linked) to the sheet? so I dont replicate my data. (I hope I'm making sense)

i.e.
I have project ID with an ID of 1 (Primary Key in the project table) on the Project form.
A Project 'title' field (in the project table) on the project form.
I then want Business ID: 12 (which is its own PK in the business table found by a search) on the project form.
I then want Contact ID: 200 (which is its own PK in the contact table found by a search) on the project form.
I then want Employee ID: 2 (which is its own PK in the Employee table found by a search) on the project form.

With that base information be able to create queries to do things like mail merges, forms, emails / appointments!

cjmitton

Registered User.
Local time
I have a working knowledge but in the past have always had other to do the work for me so I have a theory knowledge, I'm trying to gain best practice with-in access so I don't re-invent the wheel. I've taken a look at some of the examples but did not find one that meet what I was trying to do so thought a post here would help me in the right direction. Thanks for your input.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom