Task management apps (1 Viewer)

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:32
I am a bit of a task management software junkie. I've even made my own before in Microsoft Access many years ago, so I could delegate stuff to my assistant across the network, with status flags and so on. It was great to have the flexibility in rolling your own, since you can put what you want on there!

Anyway, I've just recently switched from ClickUp, which uses a Kanban style format, to Todoist. As a result, I seem to be instantly more productive! I think sometimes just changing platforms makes things seem less stale. Screenshot below is a sample, not my screenshot.

What I like about Todoist is:
  • Minimalist interface so you can really hone in on your tasks for the day
  • Next 7 days view, letting you see your week ahead
  • Tagging tasks with labels, such as @Waiting, @Errands, @In_Progress etc
  • Projects, where you can split tasks by Work, Personal and so on.
  • Filters - get your own views of your data. e.g. Today's high priority items only.
It is available on web, Mac, Windows, IOS, Android, tablets.

Here is my affiliate link that gives you two months free usage, so you can test it out. If you decide to upgrade to Premium, I get two months free premium added to my account. But that is not the reason I am posting this here. I only thought about that bit afterwards! :D I posted it because I genuinely like the program and find it really useful. The free version is pretty good on its own, although you miss out on a few features.

Click here for two months free Todoist

Besides my current flavour-of-the-month Todoist app, what do you currently use to organise all your tasks? I am curious because I love this topic, more than doing the tasks themselves! :LOL:

Last edited:

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
We use Trello at work, it seems pretty flexible. and we have it set up so that a customer could email in an issue (to a specific address) and it appears as an item (card) to action.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I used Trello for a while and read a whole book on the Kanban system. Many top tech firms are fans of the board type setups. ClickUp is like Trello but with way more options. Unfortunately, I find the ClickUp interface less snappy and zippy. It also doesn't quite have the aesthetic appeal of say Trello, in my view.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I've used an app called "Errands" for a couple of years now. I find it excellent for my needs. You enter an item, like dentist or anything, with a date and time, set a reminder and away you go. I have all my main stuff on the list ranging from when something is due like car insurance through to reminding me to get my medicine every four weeks, you can set a repeat of a task for any length of time - monthly, yearly even odd ones like every 28 days. Plus, it's free. I'd be lost without it

Col

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
Care to link to it? Is that the Apple app? Or is it a desktop thing? I'm finding I am using Todoist all day. Adding stuff to ClickUp was much harder and so I would only add things when I was at the PC. I would make a note first of the task in Google Keep and then later add to ClickUp when at my computer. But with Todoist, the app is always open and it is super easy. Life is good! :D

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Yesterday, 21:32
Outlook. It has been forced down out throats and it is about the only thing we can use at work.

• Haha
Reactions: Jon

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
I still use Outlook 365 for my business email. I love the web based apps for most things nowadays. I have gmail for private stuff, but for some reason, I am not so keep on the interface compared to Outlook. Maybe there is another email client that is web based that I should be looking at. I know there are all sorts of new super-duper things coming out all the time.

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:32
Google for business replaced our Outlook, free client storage and no maintenance headaches. We subscribe to full office suite we just do not use Outlook or SharePoint.

Jon

Access World Site Owner
Staff member
Local time
@AccessBlaster Do you find much difference between the free version of gmail and the Google for business version, apart from security?

AccessBlaster

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 18:32
Honestly I don't, I do use the free version also. I don't consider myself a power user with Gmail but I do like the apps like meeting. We are using meeting and also we VPN into our desktops during the outbreak.

Reactions: Jon

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom