Text Box Value changes to zero on exit (1 Viewer)

tatiana

Local time
Today, 11:05
Hi all,

I have a form with text boxes bound to a table. There are two fields, ProposedSalary and ProposedIncreasePercent, that should not be populated at the same time. It's either one or the other. I've tried to add a validation to the percent field to check if the salary field is empty or has value. That did not work for me and I removed the validation. Ever since, if I try to input a percent value into percent field, it changes to zero on exit. I think i might have tried to add that same validation to the form itself but i checked all the properties and I don't see anything. I've looked at the VBA code view and did not see ProposedIncreasePercent referenced anywhere. I created the document for the form through the document analyzer and searched for that field and couldn't find it. So, I can't find anything coded anywhere to change that field to zero but yet it does. I've also tried to remove the field and add it again and it does the same thing. That leads me to believe that if something is coded, it's coded somewhere else and not in the field properties but I don't know where else to look or what else could be causing it..

I've googled and googled and did not find anything which again makes me think it's something about my coding somewhere..

Any help would be hugely appreciated!!

thank you!

Galaxiom

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Tomorrow, 04:05
Make sure the Field Size property is Single, Double or Decimal.

tatiana

Local time
Today, 11:05
Thank you so much! The Decimal did not work but the Single did. I was so stuck on finding that validation I put somewhere that didn't even think outside of that.. Thanks a lot!!:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom