Text field with "blank row ability"? (1 Viewer)

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:03
Hi,

I´m developing my first web page using visual studio. I have connected to an access db, and it works fine. But now I want a text field that can display blank rows, so that the user can identify sections in long texts.

I´m not at all used to having text fields to deal with, so this might be a simple question.

(I just realized that what I want is kind of like this field)

Fuga.

KeithG

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 19:03
I don't understand the question. A field is an atribute of a row, so I don't see how a field could display a row. Are you referring to a textbox?

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
And if you are referring to a text box on a web page, you can set it to be multi-line in your design of the page.

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for your replies.

This is how I mean:

I can store this in a text field:
1 cat. two dogs. 3 chickens.

But I want to store it like this:
1 cat.
two dogs.
3 chickens.

Actually I don´t care about how it is stored, but I don´t see how I could display it like this otherwise. Any suggestions? Not all posts will have text stored in different paragraphs.

Fuga.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
If the text is stored with Carriage Returns/Line Feeds it should display on separate lines just as you show. If not, then you would need to add them in:
Chr(10) & Chr(13)

And, the big question would be how would you know where to add them, what designates a paragraph?

Fuga

Registered User.
Local time
exactly!

I can find the paragraphs in the original text, but once I import it into access, well...

I suppose I could include some crazy letter, representing the carriage return, and then somehow replace it before the text field on the form is populated, but really...

I just can´t help feeling there´s something I´m not doing right...

Fuga.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom