Text size... (1 Viewer)

JaedenRuiner

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 07:21
I am working on automating a document, naturally, or else I wouldn't be here posting a quesion. *chuckle*. Anyway, it's a simple document, that i've formated into one large table, for ease of navigation. It is simple edit fields and check boxes, using the WingDings font symbols for bullets. I know through the automation I can easily use the ListParagraphs() property to find the right item in the list and set that items style to Checked or Unchecked (a predefined style for this situation) and voila I have either a checked box or an unchecked box for my document.

However, a few of the items are entered fields, and they will involve an unknown text size to be inputed into Nested Tables. I can tell a table not to resize to fit the text, and I can eve tell it not to word wrap. But is there a way that I can determine (much like windows gettextmetrics) the size of the text that will be inputted into the control before hand, so I can manually break it up into multiple strings?

example

Table 1: Width 1.28"
Table 2: Width 1.82"
Text: "This test text is about 20 characters too long"

If i set the Table's "Fit Text" property it sort of scrunches it all up a bit tight, and i'd like to divide it if necessary, but evenly, so one table isn't over scrunched more than the other one.

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom