The end of the road for me and Access? (1 Viewer)

wjoc1

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26
Hi, I have been developing an Access 2000 database on Windows 98 for the past 6 weeks. However recently I have come across a problem that I cannot find a solution for. This is going to sound bizarre but I swear it's true. The program has taken on a mind of it's own!

My VB code is getting really screwed up. For example I have an AfterUpdate event for a combobox which has the following line of code:

Me!Price = Me.Code.Column(1)

Works fine and that's the problem, even when I remove this code now the price field still updates, I can infact even remove the AfterUdate event altogether and guess what, the program continues just as if that piece of code was there. I've tried searching for viruses with Norton, compiling, re-compiling and re-compiling the VB code in my database and I've even completely uninstalled Office 2000 and then re-installed it, all to no avail.

What the hell is happening? Has anyone ever come across a problem like this before?

Liam

edtab

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 22:26
Is it possible you have some code somewhere else in your modules aside from the one attached to your combo box causing this problem ?

Try to debug and find the same code or part of it in all your modules.

But you are right... what you're experiencing is "weird".

edtab

R

Rich

Are you sure the control source for price is not set to the combo, or some other event is occuring, open any module in design view, press ctlF and search entire db for Code. ps I don't think code is a good name for a field/control

D

DJN

Try removing the control entirely, then create an new control with another name.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 16:26
Also, use the debugger to set a watch on the item to see when it changes. Then prepare yourself to do some fancy single-step operations.

raskew

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 16:26
Don't give up.

Go to: http://www.skrol29.com/en_cadre.htm and download V-Tools for your Access version (it's freeware and, in my opinion, works as well if not better than SpeedFerret).

After installing, use the Total Deep Search to look for the offending code. As was previously suggested, it's most likely hidden somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom