The 'one record in a subform' blues (1 Viewer)

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:33
I have a subform (datasheet) inside a subform (single form) inside a form, and am only seeing one record in the datasheet subform.

I am creating a database of database jobs that need doing (basically a ToDo list). The main tables look like:
Databases <-1----m-> Jobs <-1----m-> Tasks

In the form, I click on the databases combo, to select which database I want to see jobs for. I then click the jobs combo in the single form subform to see the list of that database's jobs. When I select a job, the tasks should appear in the datasheet subform, but only one record does so.

From forum/web searches, I can report that:
  • My linking between main & subforms is through the queries (not master/child fields), and running these queries after Debug.Printing them shows the expected numbers of rows.

• I have set the default view of the datasheet subform to Datasheet - I tried setting this to Continuous, but it made no difference.
Interestingly (I think), when I turn on the navigation & record selectors, they seem to show I only have 1 of 1 records.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

many tia

mcalex

mcalex

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:33
Hi Uncle G, thanks for responding.

A couple of reasons, extra data from associated tables is being brought into the mix, I have a combo box to select the jobs (in the single sheet subform) rather than the navi buttons (coz i hate 'em), and I prefer to use sql queries rather than the table structure or queries saved to the database (stored procedures, I guess) in my apps.

I'm thinking about saving the query I've written and then using it as a basis for the form, so I can check if the child/master stuff also falls over, but given I don't want that as a final solution, I'm reluctant to try it before exhausting other avenues.

cheers

mcalex

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom