the save operation failed (1 Viewer)

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 06:20
I have been, successfully, designing a db for the past few months. When I now make any amendments to a VBA code in a module, I get the error "the save operation failed".

Can anyone understand why this should happen now. I have SP 3 installed on my machine.

AlanS

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:20
Try repairing and compacting the database. If that doesn't resolve the problem, create a new empty database, import all of the objects from the old database into the new one, manually set the startup options on the new one (they cannot be imported), delete the old one, and finally re-name the new one to the name of the old one. That will most likely either resolve your problem, or the import process will hang up on the object that is corrupted and causing this problem. If a hang up occurs, you may have to manually re-construct the affected object, by cutting and pasting controls and code.

ghudson

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 01:20
I trust that nobody else is in the db while you are making [and trying to save your] design changes to the db. Access 2000 and newer will not allow that.

aziz rasul

Local time
Today, 06:20
Thanks AlanS. Creating a new db resolved the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom