Third party reporting tool for access (1 Viewer)

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 16:36
Hi;

Which third party reporting tool is good to work best with Microsoft Access ?

Regards
Muaz

MarkK

bit cruncher
Local time
"Best," to me, depends on what you know and what you need. Without that info, I can't say what is best for you.

Best for me is to use reporting tools available in Access.

Cheers,

ButtonMoon

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:36
Which third party reporting tool is good to work best with Microsoft Access ?
Any of the modern reporting tools have much more sophisticated features than the report features in Access. Tableau and Qlikview are two popular options. While these can in principle work with an Access database it probably doesn't make sense to do that. To get the best support for reporting and ad-hoc queries use a SQL DBMS, such as SQL Server or Oracle.

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
Hi;

I was preparing a crosstab report (sample attached), there is a limitation of 255 columns. The columns that I used here is employee number that can be exceeds.

Here is sample (attached) I prepared the desired report in Crystal Reports but now I do not know how to call/run it from MS Access ?

This is the reason why I am looking for any third party report that is compatible to use with MS Access and to prepare such kind of reports.

Regards
Muaz

Attachments

• CrossTabSample.jpg
    CrossTabSample.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 125

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:36
I'd be surprised if other reporting tools can transgress basic Access limitations.

What prevents you from splitting the output in bites of 255 or less?

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
To make a cross tab report. First I try to create a cross tab query (report will be based on this query) that display me the message that "Too many crosstab column headers"

The report that I have designed (attached previously) in Crystal Reports is based on the same data and I create a crosstab report and it worked.

Regards
Muaz

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
in this instance turn the data around and have the employee as a row not a column?

spikepl

Eledittingent Beliped
Local time
Today, 01:36
Your post is not clear: you made it work with Access and Crystal Reports, but now you do not want to use Crystal Reports but something else?

You did not answer the question what prevents you from splitting the job into 255 bites or less

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
Minty : I keep the employee as a column because the rows are around 45 and that can not be fixed in A4 or A3 size.

Spikepl : Because I am unable to call/run crystal report .rpt report through VBA after plenty googling. This is the only reason that I am looking for other tool.

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
But if you have over 255 employees how can that fit on one sheet of paper?
Have I missed something?

(I'd not print it - email them a spreadsheet straight from access....)

Muaz

Registered User.
Local time
Row labels repeat on every page with next employee numbers as shown in attachment. The way you suggest to email a spreadsheet, I have did the same thing last time with employee numbers as a row, and then it is transposed using excel.

But Business need the way that the employee must be in column and row labels must be repeated. This is the reason why I am trying to do it.

spikepl: Crosstab query prevent me to keep employee number as column because the employee are more than 255 (If I understand your question)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom