Time Stamp Procedure (1 Viewer)

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
After a thorough investigation, I have now decided on the software and related hardware necessary to implement barcoding into our database. The actual barcode will be read by numerous pen scanners within the factory and be directly linked to the backend database on the server by keyboard wedge. A time-in and a time-out will also be linked to the scanned barcodes. The input form itself within the database is very simple, one field (RunID)and 2 buttons (Start and End). I would however have to write a Time Stamp Procedure to capture these times. At this point I do not have the actual software (only demo), nor the scanner pens so I can't really test the results. My question is has anyone written a Time Stamp Procedure to cover this type of data input or is it as simple as applying the current date and time
to the RunID field.

R. Hicks

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:42
Add two date/time fields to the table, name one Time-In and one Time-Out. Place two hidden txtboxes on your input form, name one txtTime-In and the other txtTime-Out. Set the control sources for each txtbox to the correct new field in your table. Add the following to the On Click events of your buttons:

In the Start Button (On click event) add:
Me.txtTime-In = Now()

In the End Button (On click event) add:
Me.txtTime-Out = Now()

When you click the Start button the field retaining the Time-In will be set to the current date and time. The same will happen when you click the Time-Out button.

HTH
RDH

Carol

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:42
Thank you for the procedure. Once I receive the necessary software and hardware I will test it and post my results. If this works, then scanning will be implemented at the shipping center where automatic Bill of Laidings will be produced. And everything performed by the click of a button. If life could be this simple.
Again, thank you.

Carol

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom