=trim in label wizard driving me nuts!! (1 Viewer)

N

Navcdm

On some databases/tables, after Finishing the report/label wizard, I get an "Enter Parameter Value" Dialogue Box. What is it asking for and why am I getting this box? When I go to Design View, I get, for example when using the following fields "Project", "Location", "Project Supervisor", and "Employee Budget", (on the first line) =Trim([Project ID)], (on the second line) =Trim([Location]), (on the third line)=trim([Project Supervisor]),(on the fourth line)=Trim([Employee Budget]), etc. etc.

I've had others ask me about this and I'm not sure how to explain what access is telling me (what these terms are actually saying), much less how to fix it.

any quick and simple explanations and/or resolutions are greatly appreciated.

thanx, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from your cousins across the pond...

N

Navcdm

I might also add, when I delete =trim from the label in Design View, click Report View, the labels are fine. Therefore, to try to clarify the question for you, what is =trim demanding that, when I simple delete the word =trim from Design View it works fine. Any thots???

Atomic Shrimp

Humanoid lifeform
Local time
Today, 19:03
the trim function *should* simply remove any spaces from both ends of a string (but not spaces between words), the fact that this is causing you problems may be something to do with a missing library.

Have a look at this topic for advice on how to solve this:
http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001587.html

HTH

Mike

SomeGuy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:03
I don't know why removing the trim command helped out but the problem you are having likely lies elsewhere.

The "Enter parameter value" Dialogue box shows up if for example:

you have a report based on a query that requires criteria and you directly try to open up the report without specifying the criteria.

If you have a form that allows you to choose criteria for your report (such as start and end date), these criteria are normally the source for a parameter query that the report is based on. If you bypass this form and open the report directly, you will recieve this error.

Just a few ideas to look at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom