Trump is still the world's best bet ... (1 Viewer)

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Yesterday, 18:48
which is why most owners take out vet insurance to cover the bills
What do you mean by this? What is vet insurance? Insurance to cover losses of what kind?

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 21:48

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
What do you mean by this? What is vet insurance? Insurance to cover losses of what kind?
Colin thought he was "contributing" to the conversation by deliberately confusing "vet", the abbreviation of veteran for "vet", the abbreviation for veterinarian. And Moke also thought he was being serious.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Makes sense to me, thanks Pat, as what we are told here is that Brits are insanely in love with their dogs - sometimes even confusing them with people!

Like these TV commercials that try to get you to donate monthly to save unwanted pets.
For God's sake, go in there with a bullet a piece and you humanely end the lives of all of them, rather than spending money needed for helping People to simply be used in perpetuating the unwanted pets!

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
No, I'm a dog owner. I knew exactly what he meant. Thank you.
And that is why you posted a link to pet insurance in the US I guess. That would be helpful to Colin since he lives in the UK. It is probably even more helpful to actual veterans who are being poorly treated for their service to our country by the VA hospital "system". Maybe if the veterans bought doggy insurance the veterinarian would treat them better than the VA does.

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Wish I had pet insurance. My 14 y/o Lab is having her second bout of Old Dog Vestibular Disease. It's heartbreaking to watch.
I had to add safety railings to the handicap ramp I built her.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Today, 02:48
Colin thought he was "contributing" to the conversation by deliberately confusing "vet", the abbreviation of veteran for "vet", the abbreviation for veterinarian. And Moke also thought he was being serious.
The word 'vet' in the UK refers to a veterinary surgeon. If you had used the correct word, ie 'veteran', you once again would not be posting something that has several meanings. I've told you before, read through your posts and try to avoid double meanings. Things may be obvious to you but for others, it can mean something else. I realise as an American that correct English can be difficult, but on a multinational forum not everyone is American, surprisingly, there are other countries apart from the USA.
Col

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
As usual, we can explain it to you but we can't understand it for you.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
The word 'vet' in the UK refers to a veterinary surgeon. If you had used the correct word, ie 'veteran', you once again would not be posting something that has several meanings.

But you just did the same thing you said others are doing. You abbreviated "veterinarian" as "vet".
If neither of us had done that, then both of us would have understood.

Now that's a lol.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
But you just did the same thing you said others are doing. You abbreviated "veterinarian" as "vet".
If neither of us had done that, then both of us would have understood.

Now that's a lol.
Oh Jesus, look, we use 'vet' in the UK, but not in the same way as yanks do. Of course we abbreviate it, it's normal. Another example is, yanks use the word 'gas' meaning gasoline, in the UK, gas is something you cook with, gas powered cars could pose a hazard.
Col

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
Is this true?

I saw a recent post on Twitter that said the military had seized a server and the server contained information that proved that Trump won by 410 to 128?

I'd like to hear from both camps, but most of all I want to hear from people who think for themselves and are not caught up in any particular narrative...

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Is this true?

I saw a recent post on Twitter that said the military had seized a server and the server contained information that proved that Trump won by 410 to 128?

I'd like to hear from both camps, but most of all I want to hear from people who think for themselves and are not caught up in any particular narrative...

The biggest thing to watch for is differences, substantial ones, between polls and the final count for a given electoral unit (i.e., State).
I know, polls can be wrong. But still...they usually are relatively close

moke123

AWF VIP
Local time
Which - the germany story, or snopes in general, which has been busted for being wrong numerous times?
I'm surprised you'd even quote it any more, it's like quoting a tabloid.
The cult was passing that story around going way back. 2 weeks after the election. I think Pat even posted about it a few times.
There's dozens of stories about it.

The U.S. Army denied preforming such a raid, and the company whose purported servers were seized didn't even have servers in Germany.

Gohmert is a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom