Trump on Pregnancy (1 Viewer)

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:43
I'm also baffled by the children's TV show comment
No doubt Mark will return and explain to us ignorant English people (and Frothy)

I think CE's previous comment was a deliberate play on 'goggle eyes'.

Mark_

Longboard on the internet
Local time
Today, 10:43
@ Ridders

I take it you've never see how Dr. Who was originally billed then? Billed as Science Fiction for children when it first came out. The good Dr. has gone for kill of entire species before though. Remarkable how long that show has lasted and often very entertaining.

Course if I wanted to parody "GTA = America" I could go "Black Adder = All of English history" or such. Totally unrealistic to anyone familiar with either country though.

Had to comment a bit because Colin has been advised several times that you can't go into a Walmart and buy any weapon you please. As he's decided not to pay attention I'm concerned he's either being very trollish OR should see a good health care provider.

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 13:43
Ahhh, I never could get into Dr. Who, so I didn't know it used to be billed as a kid's show. I do recall that he did (until it was apparently retconned) kill off his entire race in order to take the Daleks with them, although I don't know the specifics.

And yeah, despite his protestations of innocence, CE is very obviously a troll. He really doesn't even bother to hide it any more.

isladogs

MVP / VIP
Local time
Today, 17:43
I watched Dr Who as a kid in the sixties. The sets were abysmal as was most of the acting.
Apart from the theme tune and Daleks, I thought it was terrible.
Still good to know the exterminators can't go down stairs without help...which brings us 'cleverly' back to Trump

Mark_

Local time
I watched Dr Who as a kid in the sixties. The sets were abysmal as was most of the acting.
Apart from the theme tune and Daleks, I thought it was terrible.
Still good to know the exterminators can't go down stairs without help...which brings us 'cleverly' back to Trump

Daleks can fly now. Not just hover, but go forth into space to do battle and all. Stairs are no longer their bane or greatest nemesis! Of course in the later series it seems that a puddle of leaked space ship coolant is...

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
I do recall back after it was resurrected that a few of my co-workers were going on and on about the HUGE reveal when some character ran up some stairs, stopped to taunt a Dalek, and the Dalek just flew up after them.

I'd respond to Mark to ask about that coolant thing, but I'm getting the impression he can't see my posts. :)

Mark_

Local time
Episode 265, "The Pilot". Puddle sitting where no puddle should sit, acting not at all like rain water. Turns out a space ship had landed and ... leaked... This turns into the antagonist for the episode. The... puddle... even destroys a Dalek.

As I recall, the Dr. referred to it as a coolant leak.

Vassago

Former Staff Turned AWF Retiree
Local time
Doctor Who (spelled out as intended. :p ) started as an educational program, but not necessarily as a kid's show. It was supposed to be a FAMILY show to invoke discussions about history and science. Every other serial would take place in history and include history lessons. Yes, genocide was included, but that is also included in history. Why sugarcoat the non-historical serials while exploring real historical massacres?

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
...since I have a wee bit of a temper.)

Hard to imagine, you hide it so well...;)

And as far as ColE being irresistible...I would have to agree. Kind of like driving past a wreck on the interstate or watching Howard Stern.

Gotta give it to you Col whether I like what you have to say or not, it IS entertaining!

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Hard to imagine, you hide it so well...;)

Attachments

• Response.jpg
    Response.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 310

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 12:43
Frothy, don't know where you found it - but that is a GREAT dog picture.

Mark_

Local time
Frothy, Doc, that's a dog? Hmmm... Looks a LOT like a 1SG I used to deal with.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

Horsehead

Registered User.
Local time
Doctor Who (spelled out as intended. :p ) started as an educational program, but not necessarily as a kid's show. It was supposed to be a FAMILY show to invoke discussions about history and science. Every other serial would take place in history and include history lessons. Yes, genocide was included, but that is also included in history. Why sugarcoat the non-historical serials while exploring real historical massacres?

I agree. Doctor Who is really good and educational. At least before the Moffat's period tho

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom