two similar forms, one is slow (1 Viewer)

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Today, 13:43
I have two forms, each with a subform. The two forms and subforms, the underlying queries and tables, have similar structures. One form runs reasonably fast but the other one is a lot slower. When opened it was taking about 12 seconds for all the fields in the form and subform to populate. There are several lookup fields in both the form and subform, but the same lookup fields exist on the form that runs faster. I fixed the tab order and set enabled and tab stop to No on some display fields to match the faster form, and I have tried some fixes for slow forms suggested on the forum. It is running even slower now (30 sec to populate). Why would this form be running so much slower than the other form and how could I fix it?

rhett7660

Still Learning....
Local time
Today, 10:43
Are both forms open at the same time on the same machine? Or are they opened at different times?

R~

namliam

The Mailman - AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 19:43
double check the tables for indexes and stuff...

pbuethe

Returning User
Local time
Today, 13:43
I tried it again, and it was faster this time, but still not as fast as the other form. I think it is a little faster than it was originally. The two forms should be getting opened at different times. The only major difference between them are different underlying tables. The indexes of the two tables seem to match except that the ID of the faster form's table is not a primary key. I will see if the current speed is good enough for the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom