Question Unable to copy Access distributables (1 Viewer)

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:25
Vista Ultimate 32 with MS Office 2007, MS Office 2003 and Visual Studio Tools 2003 installed.

I am trying to use the Package Wizard to create an Access 2003 distributable (with the Access run time files included) from a split database. Unfortunately everytime I try to cache the language files (step 5 of 7) I'm told that the file ("ACCESSRT.CAB/ACCESSRT.MSI") cannot be copied and to "Verify that the source file exists, that you have write permissions on the destination folder, and that the destination file is not open". Strangely, on inspecting the folder ACCESSRT.MSI is present, along with BASE.MSI.

I've checked the write permissions of the destination folder ("C:\Users\Tim\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Access\ADE11\Cache\1033") and, because I've tried the process when logged on with an administrator account those are fine (I don't normally log with an adminstrator account, but figured that permissions might have been an issue).

Also, I've tried copying the source files to the HD.

I've searched the forum for topics including 'distributable' but did not see anything relevant (there's a wonderfully small results list too).

I figure that the fact that the database is split should not be causing the problem at this stage. (Is it likely to create any problems?)

I can run a copy of XP Pro using MS Virtual PC if really needed, but I'd rather not have to if I possible, because I would need to install both Office 2003 and Visual Studio first. If this, however, is the easy answer then tell me now, otherwise,

what else can/should I do to get the Package Wizard to work?

Tim.

Tim L

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:25
Okay, update time.

Having received no suggestions I went down the Virtual PC route, which worked as *a* solution, although not necessarily available to everyone (you need to be running Vista Ultimate (I'm not sure if either of the Vista Business options are viable but the Home ones are not) to be able to run Virtual PC and you need a spare Win XP license). If anyone comes up with a solution that doesn't require an XP installation please post it in reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom