Unwanted Parameter Dialogue Box (1 Viewer)

kapaw

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:10
Hi,

I've been having a hard time figuring out why my query always shows up a parameter dialogue box with this query design:

Build Date______ Weeks Left: DateDiff("w",Now(),[Build Date]) ______ Priority: IIf([Weeks Left]>7,"Low",IIf([Weeks Left]>3,"Medium","High"))

These are the different columns in my query design, and every time I run it, it always ask for a Weeks Left Parameter Value. Although if i just click OK on the box, the query will still show the correct output. The dialogue box just annoys me a lot though. I checked the spellings and they are all the same. Anyone can help me out? THanks!

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
You can't create Weeks Left and then use that same alias in the same query for a formula. If you want to use it - create the one query first and then save it and use it in ANOTHER query and then you can do your priority stuff in there.

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Or just change to this:

Build Date______ Weeks Left: DateDiff("w",Now(),[Build Date]) ______ Priority: IIf(DateDiff("w",Now(),[Build Date])>7,"Low",IIf(DateDiff("w",Now(),[Build Date])>3,"Medium","High"))

kapaw

Registered User.
Local time
Oh wow, I didn't think it would be simple as that. I need a lot of common sense :D. Thanks!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom