Update list box based on state of check box (1 Viewer)

bwyrwitzke

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:12
This is similar to a question posted by Kevin S in October but I'm using Check Boxes rather than a combo box

BACKGROUND: The Form has two sections. One side consists of 7 check boxes and the other side is a listbox. Each time a check box is checked, a requery occurs, updating the records that match the checks. The other side of the form is a list box that is based on the query created with the check boxes.

GOAL: Update the list box everytime a box is checked, without prompting the user to click a command button

WHAT'S REALLY HAPPENING: The list box never changes. It always shows the entire list. To ensure that the query is updating, after every event, I have an additonal dialog box open with the same list box, and it updates as expected. However, the added dialog box does not update on the fly, I have to close it and reopen it for the list to be updated

QUESTION: How do I update the list box without prompting the user or opening a new form? I've tried me.listbox.requery just about everywhere. Is there another command to refresh?

Thanks.

Bruce

edtab

Registered User.
Local time
In the AfterUpdate event of your CheckBox, try placing the following code:

If Me.CheckboxName.Value = -1 then
Me.ListBoxName.Requery
End If

Substitute the name of your CheckBoxName and ListBoxName accordingly after the "Me."

This should work.

edtab

bwyrwitzke

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks edtab. That's actiually what I was doing. My problem was the location of the statement. I was aksing for a requery, before I went through my subroutine to to modify the query. What a knucklehead! Thanks again for your help!

Bruce

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom