Update problems!! (1 Viewer)

tflett

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 11:31
Hi all, I have a form and in that form I have three subform with a combobox in each one. My problem is when I enter data in the comboboxes everything is ok until I click on the "Create New Client" Button. The combobox is updated and cleared but the textboxes that are linked to the comboboxes still have the value from the comboboxes displayed. Plus, when I close the form and open it back up again, the textboxes next to the comboboxes have no value in them but the comboboxes do.

Does anyone seem to know whats going on here??
Any Help will be greatly appreciated...
View attachment PPT-Trainee DB.zip

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:31
Are you talking about the text on Employment information screen?

tflett

Registered User.
Local time
Trade Numbers on both training tabbed windows plus the employment number on the employment tabbed window

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Is there a reason why you are using a macro to add a new record or was it just you did not know how any other way

tflett

Registered User.
Local time
I thought a macro would be the best way. If there's another way that would be better, please let me know. using a macro is the only way I thought it would work.

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
ok i am changing the bits now and i will repost it to you.

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
Have a look and let me know if you need anymore help

Attachments

• PPT-Trainee DB.zip
    57.2 KB · Views: 103

tflett

Registered User.
Local time
I have just looked at the DB, Thanks for the new buttons. I really appreciate the help.
One more thing, the text boxes beside the combo boxes are not updated. After i add several new clients, the data in the textboxes (Next to the combo boxes) have the data from the previous record in it. Is there a way to keep the value of the text boxes in-tacted when I go back to view the record again after i add many new clients?

To clarify:
I type all the info I have for client, personal, training, and employment. I view all the records one-by-one and notice all the textboxes next to the combo boxes are the same (Trade and Employer Names) but the numbers are correct(Trade and Employer Numbers).
Is there a way to fix this??

alastair69

Registered User.
Local time
One option is to have buttons to click on to go forward and backwards how would you feel about that

tflett

Registered User.
Local time
Go to the next record and back to previous one? That would work...
What about having a button (Continue Button) at the bottom of each tabbed window to direct the user to the next window, say you were typing data in the primary training window and they tabbed to the continue button and clicked it, it would then direct the user to the next tabbed window (Secondary Training window). It this possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom