Update Records on a Continuous form (1 Viewer)

patkeaveney

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:44
Hi All

I have a form with 2 combo boxes which are used to select the data displayed in the continuous form.

The form shows Student ID, Student Name, and a field called Attend (text box, with drop down allowing "Y" or "N"), (which is to be updated to show if the student attended the course or not) this is the only field in each record to be updated.

I have all the records for the students displayed in the continuous form (maximum of 10) and want the user to be able to amended the attended field for all the records and then click on a save button to save all the records at this time.
I have validation on the save button to check that the value of the text box is "Y" or "N".

I think I need to use a loop on the records, but am not sure how to code this part.

Any help would be appriciated.

Thanks Pat

RuralGuy

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 02:44
Each record on a Continuous Form is saved when it is modified and you move to the next record. The Current Record is saved if it is Dirty and you move the focus off of the SubForm. Your Save button is not needed.

patkeaveney

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 09:44
Thanks RG

I was aware of that.
As all the other forms in the database have a save button, I was trying to keep the approach uniform. (I understand that it is more work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom