Update Subject of emails in Outlook that have already been received (1 Viewer)

Benjamin Bolduc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:39
Hi folks,

I'm trying to automate some processes and need some help to get started.

My company uses Outlook 2010 and every day we need to go into our "Sent" folder and rename the Subject line of all of our sent emails. We change the subject to a standardized format depending on the content of the email and who the email was sent to. These are then used as part of an equation to tally our Transactions Per Hour. (TPH)

I've already designed a small Access 2010 utility to track the TPH, but I would like to add the functionality to parse some data from the subject lines of my "Sent" folder, and automatically make changes to save some time.

Here is my thought process:

- Click "Process Sent Emails" button from TPH utility.
- Access runs through each email in the "Sent" folder (or perhaps only selected emails) and changes the Subject line per simple Select Case criteria (I can figure that part out).

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would truly appreciate it!

Sincerely,
Ben Bolduc

DavidAtWork

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:39
Maybe you could query & extract the Subject line data from the selected emails and use that data to create records in an independent table in your TPH Utility and use that table to do your analysis, that way the original email remains intact and unchanged.
I see that you can edit the subject line of a Sent Item, but not the content which seems bizaar as from a security aspect I would have thought you wouldn't be able to change anything.

David

Benjamin Bolduc

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:39
Hi David,

Thank you for your reponse. I will likely bring the data into tables for more in-depth analysis in the future, but for this specific application I actually want to change the subject lines.

We use "In-cell editing" to change the subject lines of all our emails (for standardization purposes) so I was hoping to find a way to do this through VBA in Access.

If you have any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Thanks again!

Ben Bolduc

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom