Updates Dates on new records (1 Viewer)

J

JAKIDSON

Help with updating a number of records with dates based on another field in another form.
Form 1: Field
ate Recorded
Field: Rental Expiry Date

Sub Form: Monthly Rental Date
I want the subform to add a new record for each last day of each month until it reaches the Rental Expiry Date. There is a link between the two forms (Customer ID)

Janet Kidson Hastings East Sussex UK

R

Richie

Why do you need to add new records for the end of each month? Surely a rental start date with a calculated field to determine when the item should be returned is all you need, if the item hasn't been returned by the required date a query will show oustanding rentals etc.

J

JAKIDSON

The problem is:----
The db holds the records for all photocopiers/faxes supplied to our departments (there are a lot!! it's a government department). We need to know the amount we paid out for a certain month (or months)
eg Photocopier 1 Start Pyt Date 30-5-1999 End Pyt Date (Expired)30-5-2003
Photocopier 2 Start Pyt date 30-6-1999 End Pyt Date(Expired) 30-6-2005 (there would be a couple of dozen entries of EACH month.

I need it to work out how much we paid in rent(or lease) for any current (not expired) machines.

Does that make sense?

R

Richie

So you are only interested in records where there is no expiry date, is that correct? If it is then a simple query will extract records to start work on.

J

JAKIDSON

I can explian this better if I email you a small part of the database. Is that possible?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom