Updating fields in multiple tables without onclick event (1 Viewer)

marleyuk

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:24
Hi,

I am working on a database which has two tables used as part of a registration and login process.

I would like a couple of fields from table one to automatically update in table two, once the fields in table one are populated without using an 'on click' event.

The reason I would prefer not to use an onclick is because the completion of the form used to generate the users table does not require any buttons for the data to save.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Ian

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 09:24
I would like a couple of fields from table one to automatically update in table two, once the fields in table one are populated without using an 'on click' event.

First, nothing is 'automatic'--some action has to be taken to start the chain of events. Second Access doesn't allow you to capture events that occur on tables. That means, you can do it without an OnClick event, but you can't do it without a form. Is the data being entered via a form? If so there are other events you can use (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/access-help/order-of-events-for-database-objects-HP005186761.aspx).

Third, whenever questions like this are asked it always makes me think 'improper structure'. Usually these questions are asked by people storing calculated or redundant data in the 2nd table. Can you give a specific example of what you are storing in each table?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom