Updating MS Access Database using WIFI over network (1 Viewer)

JMongi

Local time
Today, 06:01
Not something I've dealt with before. But, if your FE is Access and your BE is SQL server or something similar, I don't see why the VBA email code wouldn't run in you FE.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
An Access FE using a VPN to link to a Jet/ACE BE is about your slowest viable solution. Access FE to SQL Server BE using VPN would be faster but harder to configure. If you can't put together your own LAN, then hosted RD or Citrix is your best option for continuing to use Access.

sbrown106

Local time
Today, 11:01
An Access FE using a VPN to link to a Jet/ACE BE is about your slowest viable solution. Access FE to SQL Server BE using VPN would be faster but harder to configure. If you can't put together your own LAN, then hosted RD or Citrix is your best option for continuing to use Access.
Thanks Pat for that, I'll look at RD and Citrix

sbrown106

Local time
Today, 11:01
Thanks Pat for that, I'll look at RD and Citrix
Pat, sorry just following on from yesterday. Citrix seems a good option . Would I need to look at purchasing any additional software to be able to remotely log in using Citrix? would I need Windows Server ? At the moment (which is bad practice I know) - there are just half a dozen users accessing the database on my pc using WiFi. Citrix seems to offer a good solution.
Collaborating on a Microsoft Access Database Has Never Been So Easy! | Citrix Blogs

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
If you are going to host Citrix yourself, you need a Server to run it on. I am not sure how Citrix is licensed. It probably requires seat licenses for each PC you want to connect from. You might also need 0365 licenses for each user on the server. Can you use the same license on the PC as the one used on the Citrix Server? Check with someone who understands licensing.

If you are only going to run Access on Citrix and not do any OLE automation, you should just need the runtime engine which is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom