Updating records in Listbox (1 Viewer)

jekirksey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:11
I have a form that list a single record and has two true/false fields on it. On the form is a list box that lists other records belonging to the same group as the "main" record on the form. I have a button that I would like the onclick event be to set the two true/false fields on the records in the listbox to the same value as the records on the form. I know I would have to create a recordset based on the listbox and update it but I'm not sure on the syntax behind it, my VBA experience is somewhat limited to runsql and docmd commands, any help would be appreciated

Travis

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 10:11
Make life easier: Use an Update Query limiting it to the records you have in you list box.

jekirksey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 18:11
yeah, I realized that about 10 minutes ago, although now I'm having problems with that, It doesnt seem to be updating. If I run it it tells me that a user has modified the record....
but it doesn't update the other records I set the update value to the two form objects..

UPDATE tblFull INNER JOIN (qryObtainGroupID INNER JOIN tblGroupAssociations ON qryObtainGroupID.GroupRecordID = tblGroupAssociations.GroupRecordID) ON tblFull.[Fax Number] = qryObtainGroupID.FaxNumber SET tblFull.Recieved = [Forms]![frmNew]![Recieved], tblFull.ProofOfClaim = [Forms]![frmNew]![ProofOfClaim];

and yeah I know recieved is mispelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom