Use form text box search to pull up query recordset (1 Viewer)

mctimoth

Local time
Today, 10:37
@theDBguy... Yes, that worked. Thank you.

Back to the development... That is what I was trying to stay away from; two Job # boxes. I have been told there is an existing db I need to look at around here that operates in the fashion sought. If it really is what I am looking for I'll reply here with code.

Again, thanks for your time.

mctimoth

Local time
Today, 10:37
@theDBguy... You are right, as if I have to tell you that! The text box being used in the database I was shown only calls up record information from a db record, it does not search and bring up a valid, existing recordset. And I spoke with the user and helped them understand just what was happening and they will be fine with the searched text box in the form header. Thank you very much for the enlightenment.

theDBguy

I’m here to help
Staff member
Local time
Today, 07:37
@theDBguy... You are right, as if I have to tell you that! The text box being used in the database I was shown only calls up record information from a db record, it does not search and bring up a valid, existing recordset. And I spoke with the user and helped them understand just what was happening and they will be fine with the searched text box in the form header. Thank you very much for the enlightenment.
Hi. Glad to hear that worked for you. Good luck with your project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom