Users to be able to sort query results (1 Viewer)

FISHiEE

Fish obsessive
Local time
Today, 01:49
Hi,

I have a few queries that users can run and view the results in table form. I would like them to be able to sort the data on a field as I am able to do in design mode by simply clicking at the top of the colum and sort ascending or descending. For example to sort by site address to see easily if we have quoted several times for the same site.

I assumed this would be possible for the users to do too but it doesn't seem to be the case. Is it possible? And if so, how?

The database I am working with has restricted menus. Would this possible also be applying restrictions to reports too?

Thanks in advance

John

krunalprajapati

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:19
in the menu that r displayed to user, add new menu option from
tools --> customize..
command. Than add the two command for sorting in it.

than the user can sort the data from it.

FISHiEE

Fish obsessive
Local time
Today, 01:49
If I tick the box for the filter/sort toolbar, as soon as I run the database agaion, then close and go back into the code, this box is unticked again, though if I tick it, close the database, then open the code again without first running it the box is still ticked.

Does this mean menus could be controled by the code somewhwere? And if so, where?

My other option is to display the data on a form with buttons to apply the sorts, but this is a bit naff really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom