using a Vlookup and IF together (1 Viewer)

rvd48

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 04:39
hi, i would like to streamline the way my IF formula works.

at the moment it is:

=IF(AND($C500="Panasonic",AND($F500>=39356,$F500<=39447)),$J500,0)

it looks at rows of data, if for instance the date the entry was added was in december 07, it would be flagged by the serial dates in the statment :$F500>=39356,$F500<=39447.
therefore each panasonic entry for the quarter would be listed in my new list with the unique bit of information i need being saved (J500)

what i now want to do is, incorporate a Vlookup here, where it simply looks up at the date column (5) so it simplifies things.

i was thinking along the lines of:

=Vlookup(=>39356:<=39447,"B3:AE3995,5,False)

i cant get this working as it returns a 'NAME#' error.

i am wondering about how to add this vlook up to the IF statment as its somwhat confusing:(

thanks for anyhelp

Last edited:

unmarkedhelicopter

Registered User.
Local time
You can not lookup a range i.e. =>39356:<=39447 and if your are looking for a date in column 5 (i.e. E) then the column info for the table should be 4 not 5 as it starts in B.
I'm not even sure what you are trying to do here.
I assume you want to lookup a date to use in your if statement to replace the dates ?
If so you will need 2 lookups, one for the first and one for the second.
I could well be barking up the wrong tree here as I don't know the layout of your data, what you want out of it, how you want this displayed and what inputs you want to use to achieve this.

rvd48

Registered User.
Local time
hi helicopter,

i am basically making quarterly pricing lists.

i have attached a sample of what i would like to do:

i have 3 entries of data.
i want to make a list of the panasonic data for Quarter 4 in 2007 for all panasonic items. basically i want to copy the panasonic entries from the above list and dump it below so i can do further analysis later on.

Attachments

• example1.zip
    2.2 KB · Views: 205

unmarkedhelicopter

Registered User.
Local time
Why not just use a filter ?
You can specify the manufacturer specify that date must be greater than or equal to 1/9/07 AND the date must be less than or equal to 31/12/07

Then you can copy this to where ever you want, reset the filter and you are good to go again.

Attachments

• umh filter.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 219

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom