Using DCount To Find Statistics (1 Viewer)

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 16:10
I have 1 Text Box on a Form called Pharmacy Info. I am trying to count how many occurances of a field in a table called [Main] and a column called [Pharmacy NPI Number] that match what record the form is currently on. The field on the form that I am trying to match is in a table called [Feedback], column is [NPI_Number]

=DCount("ClaimCount","[Feedback]","[Main]![Pharmacy NPI Number] = [Feedback]![NPI_Number]")

Any help would be great. I have been stuck on this for days. I would also like to get a percentage on a seperate text box if possible.

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
Now I am getting a #Name? error in the text box

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
=DCount("ClaimCount","Feedback","[NPI_Number] = " & [Pharmacy NPI Number])

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 21:10
* Which table does [NPI_Number] and [Pharmacy NPI Number] belong?
* What are their data types?

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
The [NPI_Number] belongs to the Feedback table and is a text field. The [Pharmacy NPI Number] belongs to the main table and is a text field.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
In that case:
Code:
=DCount("ClaimCount","Feedback","[NPI_Number] = " & Chr(34) & [Pharmacy NPI Number] & Chr(34))

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
I am getting the same error #Name?

=DCount("ClaimCount","Feedback","[NPI_Number] = " & Chr(34) & [Pharmacy NPI Number] & Chr(34))

Bryan

Registered User.
Local time
I am trying to count how many occurances of a field in a table called [Main] and a column called [Pharmacy NPI Number]

Maybe I'm missing something, but you're trying to count the occurrences in the Main table, right? Shouldn't you be DCounting the [Pharmacy NPI Number] in Main?

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Check ALL the names and ensure they are spelt correctly. Especially check that [Pharmacy NPI Number] exists on your form.

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
I am trying to count the occurences of [Pharmacy NPI Number] in the main table that relate to what record the form I am on. The form's control source table is [Feedback]

cmcquain

Registered User.
Local time
Sorry, I should say the record source is [Feedback]

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
I am trying to count the occurences of [Pharmacy NPI Number] in the main table that relate to what record the form I am on. The form's control source table is [Feedback]
So it's the other way round like Bryan spotted.

Bryan

Registered User.
Local time
Try starting without the where condition and then add it if it seems to be counting correctly and you don't get errors.

Code:
=DCount("Pharmacy NPI Number","Main")

If this is counting all rows in Main, then add the where condition to the end of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom