VB error message (1 Viewer)

mlamont

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:34
This error message just started to pop up pretty much out of nowhere whenever I click on a button to go to another form. Some buttons are affected and others aren't.

"Error Accessing File. Network connection may have been lost."

I am not on a network, and my db is on my computer.

Can anybody help me?

Mike

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Today, 06:34
What is the code that runs when you click the button?

Go into the Design View of the form and right-mouse click on the button. Select Build Event ... and copy that code here.

mlamont

Registered User.
Local time
I wish I could, the big problem is that it has affected a lot of buttons that perform a wide variety of tasks, this problem just popped up a few hours ago when I tried to put in an ActiveX calendar.

mlamont

Registered User.
Local time
One thing I forgot to mention is that the error message asks you to press an OK button which then takes me to a VB code screen of a particular report called CONTACTSHEET, and in the code there is only this line:

"Option Compare Database"

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
Ah, where is the library for this ActiveX control? When initially registered on your machine, it may have been through a network (or at least thought it was) but is no longer present. Try removing that reference and map to the library locally.

mlamont

Registered User.
Local time
I deleted all of the forms which contained the ActiveX calendar however when I go to the Visual Basic Project explorer they are still listed and i can't seem to delete them from the Project Explorer. I think this may be causing the problem, do you know how I can delete them?

Mike

pdx_man

Just trying to help
Local time
In a code module, look under Tools ... References. Look under there for estranged selected libraries. You should only have a couple. Check those out and see what they do. You may see the reference to the invalid place I referred to above. See if you can find that locally.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom