VBA to change report recordsource is not changing recordsource property box contents (1 Viewer)

Local time
Today, 08:04
the filter add was just an example. adding the filter is easy and it shows up in the filter properties box by design. for some reason, recordsource is different and it does not show up. do you know what I mean by showing up in the properties box?

Local time
Today, 08:04
I have whittled down my db to just the pertinent info to send to you to show what my goal is, but its still 10meg front end and 30meg backend. do you have a dropbox i could send it to? or maybe i can share it on my google drive and you can download from there?

heading to sleep now. more tomorrow. thanks!

Minty

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 13:04
It would realllllllyyyy help if you would tell us the ultimate purpose of this.
@pbaldy has asked you at least 3 times.

What you are trying to do is highly unusual and therefore probably not the best way to achieve your end goal?

pbaldy

Wino Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:04
I have whittled down my db to just the pertinent info to send to you to show what my goal is, but its still 10meg front end and 30meg backend. do you have a dropbox i could send it to? or maybe i can share it on my google drive and you can download from there?

heading to sleep now. more tomorrow. thanks!

You can email it if you want, or post a download link.

pbaldy
gmail
com

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 09:04
@jmark@stayintouch.us,
You've been asked multiple times WHY you want to do this. People are not being nosy. What you are trying to do is poor practice. They are trying to answer your question but in reality, there is almost certainly a flaw in your design logic as we would NEVER modify objects in a database created for other people to use.

For example, maybe you want users to pick which query THEY always want when the report runs. You can accomplish this by saving the name of the requested query in a table with a PK = the user's ID so each user would have a different row and therefore his own choice. Then when the form opens, you would use DLookup() to get the saved choice for the user or if none is found, use the default choice.

Modifying the design of objects precludes distributing the database as an .accde or .accdr or using the Access Runtime, all of which provide a certain amount of safety in protecting the db from accidental corruption by the user.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom