Very good read... (1 Viewer)

NauticalGent

Ignore List Poster Boy
Local time
Today, 18:42
I thought so too...it is basically the same song Pat Hartman and others have been singing since before I joined AWF.

This Mike Wolfe guy is fairly new (to me anyway), but he really has some nifty (not as nifty as Nifty!) stuff on his site - and he even responds to emails so he is one of the "good" ones.

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 18:42
FINALLY, someone heard me:) I cringe when people who know better compare "Access" to SQL Server or dismiss it out of hand as being not scalable. Now, if we can only get MS to actually understand this amazing tool, they might be able to move it up a notch to fabulous if they work on its strengths instead of dumbing it down.

Microsoft has never understood that when people ask for "Access" on line, they are NOT asking for a web app. They are perfectly happy with their client/server solution. They just want to be able to reach out to a remote server and obtain results at a speed faster than watching paint dry. Of course, they might want their client/server converted to a web app but the two platforms are so different that that just isn't going to happen. If you really want a web app, then use a web tool, not a client/server tool.

conception_native_0123

Local time
Today, 17:42
They go with what the world wants pat. All of the things aside are not considered, apparently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom