View Code to show Variable on form (1 Viewer)

mous

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:16
Hi

I'm using Access 2003. Sorry, this might sound really basic. I know very little about VBA.

I have quite a lot of coding on a Save Button on a form that Calculates Funding.

If I want to debug the code to show me each step it takes and what value is is the variables so I can see the end result, I place a Docmd Save Record break in right at the end and this does it quite nicely.

Is there anyway to gain access to this by shortcut or something similar straight from the form rather me opening the database up in design view, placing in this line, saving, and trying out the code with a meaningless example.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
If you click in the left margin of your VBA code it will set a breakpoint. Then if you click on your Save Button it will stop on the breakpoint and you can step through line by line.

mous

Registered User.
Local time
No, I've already done this.

But if I leave this as it is, it will also do the same for the user, this is right yeah?

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
It should lose the breakpoint when you close your DB

mous

Registered User.
Local time
OK, thanks. Sorry what I am trying to say is I don't want to view the code first in order to place the breakpoint in. I want to be able to log into the database as say, administrator and have an extra button on screen for me that will auto show me the code and variables from the start.

Would I have to write code to open the code at breakpoint?

Thanks

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Sorry. If you want a diagnostic breakpoint you have to place it manually. Its just the way Access works.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom