Visual Basic Objects in Access (1 Viewer)

Ann

Local time
Today, 06:55
I seem to have stumbled upon a little problem with controls like listboxes, checkboxes, etc, in Microsoft Access. I have a great Visual Basic6 Book that is strictly Visual Basic programming and it lists some very useful methods for these various controls that I would like to use in Microsoft Access. Take the listbox for example--In my VB Book it lists listbox methods like AddItem, DeleteItem and many more. I CAN'T USE THESE METHODS IN ACCESS97!!! Why?? They are not defined as methods belonging to the listbox control. They would be very helpful in my programs. If anyone out there knows how to gain access to these methods in Access, please let me know.

Clarence

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:55
Visual basic is similar to VBA but it is not the same, although they are getting closer all the time. The access listbox is databound and is therefore much easier to populate than the Visul basic Listbox. In Access you simple link the listbox to a table, Query or SQL statement, therefore you do not have to go through the convoluted Additem processing you are used to.
Its just a question of getting used to the differences.
(Note the new ADO DbList and DbCombo are data bound in Visual basic and do not require the Additem processing).
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom