War in Georgia (1 Viewer)

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
Today, 13:25
Like ALL of the wars that are being fought at this time - or any time for that matter - the innocent people stuck in the middle of the fighting who are getting their ass bombed really do not give a f*ck who is bombing them they just want it to STOP :mad:

citizen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:25
Thank God that's finally stopped (at least concerning South Osetia)! Hope this will never start again.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Today, 20:25
Thank God that's finally stopped (at least concerning South Osetia)! Hope this will never start again.
Seemed to be continuing in Gori tho long after the cease fire was announced. There seem to be faults on both sides but two wrongs never make a right.

citizen

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 23:25
Agree with "Two wrongs never make a right"

But if you see that somebody who is stronger tries to offend someone who is weaker and almost unarmed TREACHEROUSLY using weapons, shouldn't you help?

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
But if you see that somebody who is stronger tries to offend someone who is weaker and almost unarmed TREACHEROUSLY using weapons, shouldn't you help?

Not sure who you want to help, it can be read both ways.

Col

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
Agree with "Two wrongs never make a right"

Are you suggesting other countries should have intervened to help the breakaway side in Chechnya?Or perhaps you are saying that there should be intervention to drive the russians out of Georgia?

statsman

Local time
Today, 16:25
Are you suggesting other countries should have intervened to help the breakaway side in Chechnya?Or perhaps you are saying that there should be intervention to drive the russians out of Georgia?

No need to "drive" them out Rabbie.
I would be happy if they were putted out. :D

Latest news is that the Russians are ignoring the ceasefire and that they are driving steadily into non-disputed areas of Georgia.

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
No need to "drive" them out Rabbie.
I would be happy if they were putted out. :D
I was being kind and thought they should be provided with motorised transport to speed their departure instead of being assailed with a golf club:D

Sum Guy

Registered User.
Local time
What about Bush warning the Russians about the use of excessive force:rolleyes:

Rich, there is currently a full blown shooting war going on there. Warnings about excessive force would be like handing out speeding tickets at an F1 race.

The Russians have now restored "peace" in Ossetia but are continuing to march on Georgia. IMO they are planning to annex the whole place.

First Chechnya now Georgia. I think you will find in the next few months that Ukraine and Belorus will form some sort of alliance to keep from being swallowed up as well. Ukraine has threatened to close the Black Sea port they lease to the Russian Navy and are demanding prior notice of any ship movements.

Last edited:
Local time
Today, 15:25
Obviously, the thought of Russia letting loose their war machine is almost as terrifying to westerners as the US (et al) in Iraq/Afghanistan is to those folk. I guess it's good for us to get a taste of our own medicine every now and then.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
Apart from the oil, what has it to do with the Yanks? Why is Condo Rice there?

Why can't the Yanks just sod off and leave the world alone? They only make things worse.

Col

R

Rich

You're forgetting the American philosophy, have army ready and willing to fight anybody anywhere, distance and reason no obstacle

Alane

very 'umble
Local time
I doubt that the average American wants war, anywhere. I used to think that America was all about keeping the Commies at bay, which was a good thing. Keeping religious nuts at bay is also a good thing. If the commies and the religious nuts are sitting on fortunes (oil or uranium) then we can't have them running riot around the planet they need to be kept in their place. If America is the only place with the balls to do that, then good for them! I'll fly their flag!

The Brits are just too scared to get involved in anything. First sign of trouble you guys lift your skirts and hurry off home to your wet and dreary land and leave the rest of the world to sort it all out.

ColinEssex

Old registered user
Local time
I doubt that the average American wants war, anywhere. I used to think that America was all about keeping the Commies at bay, which was a good thing. Keeping religious nuts at bay is also a good thing. If the commies and the religious nuts are sitting on fortunes (oil or uranium) then we can't have them running riot around the planet they need to be kept in their place. If America is the only place with the balls to do that, then good for them! I'll fly their flag!

The Brits are just too scared to get involved in anything. First sign of trouble you guys lift your skirts and hurry off home to your wet and dreary land and leave the rest of the world to sort it all out.

Typical American comment.

Col

Rabbie

Super Moderator
Local time
So that's why British soliers are being killed in Iraq and Afghanistan. I am so glad you clarified that for us

Fifty2One

Legend in my own mind
Local time
If politicians want to fight then just throw them into a room naked without any weapons and let them fight it out, only the single survivor gets to live. People have to stop killing people just because someone in so called authority says it is the thing to do. The so called free democratic part of the world is as bad as the areas under dictatorships as far as the person who is just living their life is concerned, all they want is the agressors to stop killing innocent people for whatever cause... does not matter who is wrong or right on whatever ideals when you are just trying to make a living and some dumbass plants mines all over your fields to blow your butt up while you try to plow or plant... or you are making supper for your family and some idiot misses a target and blows your house into powder... or the school collapses after a missle strike and your kids never come home again... how is that just and fair? :mad:

dan-cat

Registered User.
Local time

I have to disagree with this. They're actually the only european nation who will reliably do what they're told :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom