Website help! (1 Viewer)

Emmanuel

Master Tech
Local time
Today, 09:17
Hey guys and ladies,

I have a couple of questions today and would like to get your feedback. I have been using free counters on my website so far and would like to get more out of it. Please note that I host my own website on my windows 2003 server at home and I have been accessing some files that I know have all the information as to who accessed my site or my ftp site and would like to create my own counters so I can understand better my visitors patterns. Does anyone know how I can go about that?

The other thing I would like to do I to create a forum on my website too so I can put in new updates for my friends and people that visit my site. What can I get to do that?

Last but not least, you may visit my site and notice that I have a videos section but I would like to get the player features on the videos since right now you can't pause or control the video playing. What can I do about that?

Well thanks for any help you can provide and feel free to visit my site http://www.webmanny.com

Best Regards,

Manny

Minkey

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 13:17
To embed video for media player use this code in the body

Code:
<object id="MediaPlayer1" classid="CLSID:22D6F312-B0F6-11D0-94AB-0080C74C7E95" standby="Loading Microsoft Windows Media Player components...">

<PARAM NAME="fileName"

VALUE ="[B][COLOR="Red"]NAME OF YOUR FILE[/COLOR][/B]">

<PARAM NAME="animationatStart" VALUE="true">

<PARAM NAME="transparentatStart" VALUE="true">

<PARAM NAME="autoStart" VALUE="false">

<PARAM NAME="showControls" VALUE="true">

<PARAM NAME="ShowStatusBar" VALUE="True">

<EMBED TYPE="application/x-mplayer2"  PLUGINSPAGE="http://microsoft.com/windows/mediaplayer/en/download" 

ID=MediaPlayer  

Name="mp_426289569"

Width="320"  

Height="311"  

Src="[B][COLOR="Red"]LOCATION OF YOUR FILE[/COLOR][/B]"  

AutoSize="1"  

AutoStart="0"  

ClickToPlay="1" 

DisplaySize="0"  

EnableContextMenu="1" 

EnableFullScreenControls="1" 

EnableTracker="1"  

Mute="0" 

PlayCount="1" 

ShowControls="1"  

ShowAudioControls="1"  

ShowDisplay="0"  

ShowGotoBar="0"  

ShowPositionControls="1"  

ShowStatusBar="1"  

ShowTracker="1">  
        </EMBED>

</OBJECT>

Here is an online guide.
Change the vaules of the controls to display them or not. Have fun !

Emmanuel

Master Tech
Local time
Thanks alot Minkey. It worked great. I knew I could find the answer to my questions in the best forum in the world. Feel free to give me any input on any of the other issue if you are familiar with any of them.

Thanks again.

BukHix

Registered User.
Local time
Please note that I host my own website on my windows 2003 server at home and I have been accessing some files that I know have all the information as to who accessed my site or my ftp site and would like to create my own counters so I can understand better my visitors patterns. Does anyone know how I can go about that?
Do you have any programming experience in VB, ASP or ASP.Net?
The other thing I would like to do I to create a forum on my website too so I can put in new updates for my friends and people that visit my site. What can I get to do that?
For the forum part you can download and install Snitz Forum Software, which has an option to use Access as a datastore and does it pretty well.

Another option would be Das Blog, which is a blogging application that does not require SQL or Access as a datastore. However this does require some knowledge of setting up permissions in IIS.

mercy

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:17
A good suggestion by Emmanuel, Hope that helps you. Did u get rid of your problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom