What control ? (1 Viewer)

GRW

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 15:34
I want to reproduce something you see all the time within windows / access on a form but I'm not quite sure what controls to use...
Its the situation where you have a list down the left arrow indicators down the middle and a list down the right....you then select something in the left box, click the arrow button and it then displays in the right box...hope I'm making sense, if not the same situation is displayed on the very first screen when you use the wizard to create a form....
Basically I want to try and use this instead of a combo box on a subform.....I want the left box to show a set list of options from a table and I want the selections made into the right box to become linked subform records....
I hope someone can understand what I'm trying to achieve....
Many thanks in advance for any responses...

GRW

I think it may involve ListViews.....

jwindon

Registered User.
Local time
You could try two list boxes aligned side by side with a command button with arrows on it in between. I don't know where this tool is actually at in Access. I suspect it is a VB form built in.

Rich@ITTC

Registered User.
Local time
Hi GRW

I assume you mean two lists, one of available records, the other of selected records. When the form first opens, the available records is populated, the selected isn't. User can select all records (double right arrow command button) to transfer from available to selected, or can select one by one (single right arrow command button) or by double-clicking record. If user has selected incorrect records they can be returned to the available list one by one by use of a command button (single left arrow) or all records returned (double left arrow command button). Once slected or deselected the lists requery so that the records remain in only one of the two lists at any one time.

All of this is possible, though you need to be reasonably OK on coding, queries and form design.

HTH

Rich Gorvin

[This message has been edited by Rich@ITTC (edited 10-05-2001).]

GRW

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks for the replys....
Rich, any idea where there would be any examples of this....coding wouldn't be a problem....
Just to explain the scenario...
The system itself has several sub-systems.
On a self created user form I want to be able to assign what sub-systems the user can access...which is why I want the selections saved as sub-records, so that the selections will display when the user record is viewed.

Cheers
GRW

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom