What does this error mean? (1 Viewer)

rjkimme

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 19:05
I have a data entry form and then press add. this is what I get:

The changes you requested were not successful. You can not create duplicate values in the index, primary key or relationship. Change data in the field or fields that contain duplicate data, remove the index, or redefine the index to permit duplicate entries and try again.

My primary key is based on the name field which it allows me to input. The problem is occurring with the various phone number fields that I have. if I leave them blank then no problem but if I fill several in then boom. Sorry so long but wanted to get it clear.

Robert Dunstan

Mr Data
Local time
Hi,

I believe this is run-time error no. 3022. Basically what this is telling you is that you have entered some data into a field that is already stored in the database in a previous record.

This error will occur if the design of your underlying table contains fields that have their Indexed property set to Yes (No Duplicates). You say that your primary key is based on a name field, can this field contain dupicate names as a primary key field is usually indexed yes(no duplicates)?

rjkimme

Registered User.
Local time
Thanks that worked. Found that the linked table had the issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom