What has caused my database to slow down? (1 Viewer)

MikeD

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 00:51
I have recently moved from Access 2000 running on Windows XP, to Access 2007 running on Windows 7 (64 bit). Over the past few weeks I have developed a problem with my database taking a long time to open up, sometimes taking up to three minutes, I have also noticed that when moving accross fields in table view it locks on a field for a number of seconds before moving again. My hard drive is defragmented on a weekly schedule, so I have discounted that, but having asked a number of friends no one seems to have any answers to resolve this problem. I would add that my previous experience with the older version of Access and XP was fine. Any suggestions would be most gratefully received as I am finding it very frustrating. Mike

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
* Is it a multi-user database?
* How is the database split?
* Do you open any of the objects in Design View whilst the database is being used by others?

shadow9449

Registered User.
Local time
Yesterday, 19:51
Did you turn off Name AutoCorrect?
Did you set all SubDataSheetNames to [None]?

These can really slow down Access, especially 2007.

Lastly, did you install SP2?

SHADOW

MikeD

Registered User.
Local time
* Is it a multi-user database?
* How is the database split?
* Do you open any of the objects in Design View whilst the database is being used by others?

Thanks for your response, in answer to your questions, (1) I am the sole user of the database. (2) I do not quite understand what you mean by split, I have a database in a datasheet view with twenty five fields and a total of 13,000 plus records, these contain purely names locations and dates. (3) Obviously as my first answer was I am the sole user the question does not apply.

MikeD

Registered User.
Local time
Did you turn off Name AutoCorrect?
Did you set all SubDataSheetNames to [None]?

These can really slow down Access, especially 2007.

Lastly, did you install SP2?

SHADOW

Thank you for your reply, as a pure amateur I am unsure what you mean by turning off Name Autocorrect and also the reference to set Sub DataSheetNames to none.

You refer to SP2, again I am unsure, I seem to recall when I was running Windows XP I had two service packs that were installed in the lifetime of that programme, but am unsure with Windows 7, the PC is relatively new (6 months) and the operating system was already installed when it was delivered. How do I find out if SP2 is installed? Although I have had updates from Microsoft since the PC has been in my possession and according to the log they are being installed as and when they are released.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
MikeD,

All of what we've just asked is explained in the linked provided. Have a look through it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom