What is the right tool to learn after mastering ms office? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Tomorrow, 01:45
May be a tool or a set of tools (suite)

GaP42

Local time
Tomorrow, 06:15
Might I suggest a hammer - its in the tool box ;) If you have no direction/motive then it may be that any tool will do.

ebs17

Local time
Today, 22:15
after mastering ms office?
If you have mastered everything (which I doubt), you need to train and apply your knowledge in practice. A good tool is a forum where you will encounter many questions and challenges. You can answer these questions using your own resources and solve the challenges. Ideally, you are smarter, more comprehensive and faster than all other answerers.

GPGeorge

George Hepworth
Local time
Today, 13:15
May be a tool or a set of tools (suite)
What to do after mastering MS Office? If anyone ever has done so, they probably took a long vacation. But nobody I know has ever reported back from that vacation, so the possibilities are pretty wide open.

sonic8

AWF VIP
Local time
I work with Office in general and Access in particular for ~25 years now. I would never dare to claim that I have mastered it.

Asking such a generic question will not give you good answers. - Provide context!
If you work with Microsoft Access, other backend technologies, such as SQL Server or DataVerse might be sensible choices. It all depends on your current professional environment and on your goals for your career path.

Josef P.

Local time
Perhaps you shouldn't take “mastering ms office” too literally and only interpret it as “knowing it well enough”. ;)
It never hurts to think outside the box. Therefore, the question could go in the direction of which alternative tools you should still look into.

If “tools” also refers to the programming language:
Do you want to stay in the familiar programming language? => twinBasic
Or do you want to work with .net (C#), Python, Go(lang) etc.? => Visual Studio / Visual Studio Code / ...
What they all have in common: Dealing with the basic concepts of programming (Clean Code, SOLID & Co.) will always help.

Isaac

Lifelong Learner
Local time
Today, 13:15
Joking aside, I personally recommend sql server. It will set your career up very well. You can only go so far in MS Access IF you are not making a consulting business out of it (i.e., in the corporate arena). You can install sql server express your self with a localdb and start practicing.

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 15:15
Mastering MS Office? Well, ... since MS keeps on changing things, upgrading, retiring stuff, changing the look-and-feel of things, ... that is shooting at a moving target with random directionality. Let's just say that some of the answers here reflect doubt that ANYONE will EVER truly master Office. We might be comfortable with most of it. But "comfort" is not mastery.

As to where to go once you are in your comfort zone, that depends on your personal goals. Necessarily, on that subject, YOU are the subject matter expert so you must find your next direction within yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom