Why Combo box default value returns 0 in form (1 Viewer)

TonyE

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 03:33
Yes, I also know that the design is not good. But the user does not want us to examine the design, he just talks about a negativity in his form. He wants the solution to this point. If it were up to me, I wouldn't design it that way.
In Rowsourse SQL statement change the field value returned.... ie replace field X with iif(X=false, ""No"", ""Yes"")

Pat Hartman

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 06:33
Your design is poor. You will always struggle with it.

If you want additional options to show in the two combos, you'll need to add them to tbl_Check. Keep in mind that if the two combos will have a different list of options, you will need a separate table for each of them as you have the app designed. OR, you will need to manage the value lists on the form which is just poor practice.

Not that it will help you unless you are willing to rethink the app, but I've included a sample mini-app that I include in all my apps to use to manage all simple lookup lists.

Attachments

• TableMaintExample190820.zip
    643.6 KB · Views: 74

MajP

You've got your good things, and you've got mine.
Local time
Today, 06:33
I have looked at this form and tried everything I can think of and even decompiled the database. I have absolutely no idea what is happening and have tried just about everything to get around it. What is happening makes no sense. Yes you should consider a redesign to make this more manageable, but none of that answers why this is happening. The only thing I would try is rebuilding form from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom