Why is that so? (1 Viewer)

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 14:28
I am 32 years old. Why haven't I heard a news saying a woman raped a man?

Yet!

plog

Banishment Pending
Local time
Today, 03:58
Is that an attempt at being funny or witty or a legitimate question?

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
There is a social stigma for a man to ra** a woman. There is an even greater stigma for a man to admit he was raped. The problem with ra** statistics is because they are skewed by societal pressure against reporting.

I've heard of a few cases of women raping men, but most of the time a good lawyer can get away with a plea of "consensual rough sex that turned out bad and the man's accusation occurred after the fact."

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 08:58
You should probably try doing at least some minimal research before regurgitating "facts" like that.
Googling to search for events is not the same as hearing about events. prabha_friend's point (I think) is that it is not common news which The_Doc_Man has picked up on. He is not saying that it has never happened.

Uncle Gizmo

Nifty Access Guy
Staff member
Local time
There was a film about a woman who abducted a man, he was a radio host and/or a DJ or something? She abducted him because she wanted his child. I can't remember what happened in the film! EDIT.... I should have mentioned... I think it was based on a true story...

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Today, 04:58
Googling to search for events is not the same as hearing about events. prabha_friend's point (I think) is that it is not common news which The_Doc_Man has picked up on. He is not saying that it has never happened.

I wouldn't leap to that assumption. Statements like his are a regular gambit by people attempting to 'prove', for whatever reason, that female-on-male ra** is a myth. I see one variation or another very nearly every time the topic comes up.

Last edited:

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
I wouldn't leap to that assumption. Statements like his are a regular gambit by people attempting to 'prove', for whatever reason, that female-on-male ra** is a myth. I see one variation or another very nearly every time the topic comes up.
So you leapt the other way :rolleyes:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Call it experience, similar to how, if one or more strangers asks you if you've heard the news about Jesus, you can safely expect that they are about to attempt to convert you to their branch of Christianity, or how if you see Donald Trump's lips moving, you can expect to hear him lying (assuming your sound is on).

stopher

AWF VIP
Local time
Call it experience, similar to how, if one or more strangers asks you if you've heard the news about Jesus, you can safely expect that they are about to attempt to convert you to their branch of Christianity, or how if you see Donald Trump's lips moving, you can expect to hear him lying (assuming your sound is on).
I agree it's difficult not to be cynical these days.

Who is Donald Trump? (googling)

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Who is Donald Trump? (googling)

LOL

Honestly (and I'm in a slightly better mood now - long story, but the last two weeks have been worse than when my dad died), I have a better explanation of why the OP irked me.

The argument he used is a classic technique used to distract and trick people who've not trained in logic. It never works in actual debates, but civilians eat it up.

Basically, he phrased his opinion in such away that it's merely implied and not stated, while simultaneously pushing the burden of proof on anyone who disagrees with them, saving him from having to present the slightest shred of proof, and implying that the thing he's never heard of has never actually happened. You see it in political debates every day:

"If female on male ra** is a thing, then why have I never heard of it happening?"

"If Muslims oppose terrorism, then why have I never heard one condemn it?"

"If Muslims oppose ISIS, then why haven't they gotten rid of it?"

"If gay people aren't pedophiles, then why haven't I heard of any condemning pedophilia?" (No, Colin, in the US we DON'T use that ridiculous AE construction where an e works just fine.)

"If feminists aren't anti-male, then why haven't I heard of them supporting fathers' custody rights?"

"If black people aren't violent, then why haven't I seen any stopping inner-city crime?"

"If white people aren't racist, then why do they support the KKK?"

"If black people don't want to kill cops, then why haven't I heard any condemn a single cop-killer?"

Each of these questions is carefully phrased so as to make the point that the negative in the beginning must 'obviously' be true, but only through implication. They never provide proof, and when called on it, claim that the perceived lack of opposing proof proves their point. The questioners usually follow up by dismissing any and all countering proof as propaganda, cherry-picked/misrepresented statements, or deliberate lies, and if they eventually find their position untenable, they simply fall back to saying that MOST of the people they're misrepresenting still meet their negative criteria, even if they have to admit that some don't.

It's a game I've seen thousands of times over the years.

Groundrush

Registered User.
Local time
There was a film about a woman who abducted a man, he was a radio host and/or a DJ or something? She abducted him because she wanted his child. I can't remember what happened in the film! EDIT.... I should have mentioned... I think it was based on a true story...
Sounds similar to the film "Play Misty for me"?
Starring Clint Eastwood and Jessica Walter

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Frothy:
if you see Donald Trump's lips moving, you can expect to hear him lying

But... but... he's a politician (or at least is portraying one on TV) right now. OF COURSE when his lips move, he is lying. Don't you know the old joke?

How can you tell if a politician is lying? His lips are moving!

The_Doc_Man

Immoderate Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Frothy, first: Sorry about your dad. Hope it was quick enough for him that suffering was minimal. For my dad, it was. For mom, not as clean.

Second, you are discussing the fact that if you deconvolute the statement to attempt to form an affirmation, to disprove it often requires you to disprove a negative on a statistical basis, which makes the "disproof" burdensome.

My response was simply to evade the dilemma it poses by attributing it to something unrelated to the actual event but dismissing the offered statistic.

prabha_friend

Prabhakaran Karuppaih
Local time
Today, 14:28
Hey Guys. Sorry. Had a long weekend.

One more information:

One of my friend. He is a Doctor, told me that Indian police cannot register a case accusing a woman for raping a man. Even in the law its not there. How about UK? any idea?

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
"If gay people aren't pedophiles, then why haven't I heard of any condemning pedophilia?" (No, Colin, in the US we DON'T use that ridiculous AE construction where an e works just fine.)

I suspect Colin might point out that you can't pronounce it properly either:rolleyes:

Frothingslosh

Premier Pale Stale Ale
Local time
Frothy, first: Sorry about your dad. Hope it was quick enough for him that suffering was minimal. For my dad, it was. For mom, not as clean.

? Did I bring it up here? Or was that from some other thread? (Sorry had to take painkillers for my back today, making me kind of loopy.) For him, it was yes and no - he was diagnosed with mesothelioma in February 2014 and nearly died then, wound up on chemo and radiation, and wound up dying of a pulmonary hemorrhage in October 2014. The actual event had to be fast - he was alive when I went to bed (I lived there as something of a caretaker), dead in the bathroom when I got up, and there wasn't very much blood that had escaped. (He fell over kneeling in front of the toilet and landed on a large box, which held him partially upright.)

My stepmom dealt with cancer for 6 years, and for her, she fell into a coma overnight one night, and died the next.

My mother, on the other hand, died in a Ford Pinto after getting rear-ended. I hope she was out for that one, because there aren't many more painful ways to go.

Hey Guys. Sorry. Had a long weekend.

One more information:

One of my friend. He is a Doctor, told me that Indian police cannot register a case accusing a woman for raping a man. Even in the law its not there. How about UK? any idea?

Two weeks is rather more than a long weekend.

Also note, he ignored the proof he had requested and moved on trying to once again to prove female-on-male ra** isn't an actual thing, just as I predicted. Once again a 3 second Google search would answer his question (he's mostly wrong, but it's complicated), but that would require the OP to actually be interested in learning the answers to his question rather than simply spreading propaganda for some reason.

Also, it's interesting to note that the OP is from Mumbai, and there is a strong push in India right now arguing that F-on-M ra** is impossible, which is causing a huge fight as the government continues modifying the laws to account for it.

I suspect Colin might point out that you can't pronounce it properly either:rolleyes:

Colin would argue that as an American it would be literally impossible for me to do anything at all properly. I know Klanners who think better of blacks than Colin does of Americans.

Last edited:

Tieval

Still Clueless
Local time
Don't worry, as a Brit who works in the USA a lot I am not trying to join in:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom