Why no Display Control with a Calculated Field (1 Viewer)

David8

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 06:22
As per title. This does not seem to be possible, unless Display Control can be called in SQL code? I doubt it, but maybe.

This really annoys me. I want a check box to come up for my CALCULATED FIELD in my Table, and especially in my Query. Yes my caculated field will deliver True or False.

There's nothing like a ticked box to jump out at you. Much better than a solid block of Yes/No.

Last edited:

boblarson

Smeghead
Local time
Yesterday, 22:22
FORMS are where you can control this. Trying to work in tables or queries - they just aren't set up to be as flexible.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
You seem to be the only one not so happy about this ;)

Sadly you can't get a control displayed for a calculated field. However, you can do it on a form and set it to open in Datasheet view. That way it looks like query plus you get the check box.

David8

Registered User.
Local time
You seem to be the only one not so happy about this ;)

Sadly you can't get a control displayed for a calculated field. However, you can do it on a form and set it to open in Datasheet view. That way it looks like query plus you get the check box.

A form that looks like a query? That sounds very interesting, and as a beginner not something I've seen yet. I shall have to set one of those up and have a play with it.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Good luck in your discovery.

Feel free to ask questions as you go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom