Wierd behaviour of Dsum in Turkish Version of MsAccess (1 Viewer)

mrrcomp

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 05:41
Hi

When transfereing my application to a user who has Turkish MSAcess 2007 installed a query that has a Dsum function inside it gets corrupted i.e. the commas get converted to SemiColons inside the designer. Even editing it back to a turkish comma the user still gets a wrong punctuation error (thats his translation of the error. there is no error number in the message!)

Suggestions???

Regards

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 14:41
Meir,

I am pretty sure the semi-colon rather than the comma is correct as the argument delimiter in Turkish version. Is it causing an error or some other problem?

mrrcomp

Registered User.
Local time
Meir,

I am pretty sure the semi-colon rather than the comma is correct as the argument delimiter in Turkish version. Is it causing an error or some other problem?

Thanks for your quick response to my post..

I am using the dsum as a "calculated field" and the result is #error (in turkish). I tried to write the dsum in VBA immediate code window and also will not calculate..

Regards

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Meir,

Did you try these tests with both a semi-colon and with a comma as the argument delimiter?

mrrcomp

Registered User.
Local time
Hi

Yes tried all combinations.. nothing seemed to work.

Curious enough I also had some problems with form names that weren't recognized in the VBA code (specifically ones with "s" in the names) and I had to enter the code and retype the names using the Turkish Keyboard??

The major challenge i have is that when i remote connect to their computer Access is in Turkish and the guys translation skills are lacking I think so difficult for me to know the exact wording of the error.

Regards

Meir

SteveSchapel

Registered User.
Local time
Meir,

Ok. Well, I'm sorry, I am unable to suggest anything further. Hopefully someone else will have an idea.

vbaInet

AWF VIP
Local time
Today, 03:41
Suggestions:

1. Try changing the Language in Access Options?

OR

2. Try using a function in place of the DSum() and call the function.

ChrisO

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 12:41
A remote possibility…

Does the DSum have a Where clause that involves a Boolean?
Sometimes a Boolean can be translated to the native language equivalent and won’t work because English is expected.
I don’t know if this will happen in a query but it can happen in VBA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom