Windows 2008R2 users and Trust Center

AccessNewbie2007

Registered User.
Local time
Today, 02:41
Hello, I have windows 2008R2 installed with remote desktop where I have an MSaccess application (running under runtime 2013) and each user access the application remotely.

the problem is that with Administrator credentials everything is fine but with other users I always have the trust center alert about the potential risk of opening the database while I have added the appropriate rgeistry key to make all the locations trusted along their subfolders...

Does anyone have an experience with running access under windows 2008 in a multi user environment? Thank you

Yes, I do. I have 600+ uses in this Terminal Server/RDS environment running my Access applications with the Access Runtime.

Access stores the trusted location in each users profile. You will need to come up with a methods to add the registry keys before the database is opened with Access.

Here is some great info and a tool that should help: http://www.accessribbon.de/en/?Trust_Center:Trusted_Locations

FWIW: I just disable trusted locations by setting the Macro Security Level to low for each user.

Thank you for the reply, actually I tried to add the registry key, I don't know if my procedure is correct but for example let's say I logged in with "user1" when I try to open the registry it requires admin credentials so I use the appropriate credentials and do the reg addition... but the Access runtime still shows the trust alter on opening... can you advice the steps you follow. Thanks a lot

the AddPath application did the job, I noticed that it is storing the values under HKEY_USERS and it is working perfectly. Thanks a lot :)
so now for each user, I am running the AddPath...

I have another question if you don't mind, my application uses the MySQL ODBC, when logged in as admininistrator it is working fine but for other users it is not recognizing the odbc and thus returning "ODBC-connection to MySql failed" is there any trick to enable users to read the ODBC source?

Last edited:
When subject becomes s entirely different please start a new thread. These threads are also for the posterity, so hiding the actual topic of the content as described by the title hides it from many many readers.

the AddPath application did the job, I noticed that it is storing the values under HKEY_USERS and it is working perfectly. Thanks a lot :)
so now for each user, I am running the AddPath...

Thanks for the upate. Glad to hear that worked for you.

I have another question if you don't mind, my application uses the MySQL ODBC, when logged in as admininistrator it is working fine but for other users it is not recognizing the odbc and thus returning "ODBC-connection to MySql failed" is there any trick to enable users to read the ODBC source?

I agree with spikepl that this needs to be posted as a new question.

Hints: DNS-less and permissions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom