Wondering if someone can help (1 Viewer)

rshaw

Local time
Yesterday, 18:54
Hello Access world I am new here and would offer a great big hello to all of you

Secondly after hours of scouring the internet for an example to use on this form i had created. I have came up empty and at a loss on how to do this. I know it can be done i just dont know coding enough yet to make it work.

So my issue is this:

I have a form that users fill out all the information and it performs day counts, etc ( simple stuff) what i would like to do is i have a field called [DelayDays] and a textbox104 that contains the message "Delay Noted" . What i want to do is when the user clicks the delay button it adds 1 to the field [DelayDays] and unhides textbox104. I currently dont have that text box bound to anything as i was trying to get the button to update that [DelayDays] field.

Thanks in advance
any help offered is appreciated !!!

Attachments

• Capture160.PNG
    Capture160.PNG
    38.9 KB · Views: 92

CJ_London

Super Moderator
Staff member
Local time
Today, 01:54
suspect you also need a button to reduce the delay - situation may have changed for the better or the user might have clicked the button too many times.

Your image does not show which box is which - two textboxes are highlighted, so best guess at this point is in the button click event you would have code along these lines

me.delaydays=me.delaydays+1
me.textbox104.visible=true

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
Not sure if you should be doing something else - like binding the delay textbox, giving it a default value of 1, and unhiding the 2 controls upon button click. Or not hiding, but disabling (at least that gives someone a clue that they are there). Unbound controls add a level of complexity that's often not necessary. It makes even less sense when the rest of your form is bound. Even unbound controls should have better names than text104.

rshaw

Local time
thank you so much for your reply
I am getting this error when i used your example any ideas?

Attachments

• Capture161.PNG
    Capture161.PNG
    8 KB · Views: 81
  • Capture162.PNG
    Capture162.PNG
    12.9 KB · Views: 80

rshaw

Local time
Not sure if you should be doing something else - like binding the delay textbox, giving it a default value of 1, and unhiding the 2 controls upon button click. Or not hiding, but disabling (at least that gives someone a clue that they are there). Unbound controls add a level of complexity that's often not necessary. It makes even less sense when the rest of your form is bound. Even unbound controls should have better names than text104.
Thank you for your response as well
the Textbox is unbound for now at least while i figure out the delaydays issue not adding one to the total in the field.

Micron

AWF VIP
Local time
Yesterday, 20:54
That's my point. There is no need for a solution to that problem if you bind it. You are making problems that you don't need to make.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom